World Media

MI fairs focus on carnival ride safety after OH accident

MI fairs focus on carnival ride safety after OH accident John Kasich shut down all rides for new inspections after the accident. The state of OH prides itself on having one of the best safety programs in the nation, the statements says. "We would like to reassure our patrons and partners that we will continue to strive for excellence in providing a safe and fun environment for family entertainment". [Full Article...]

U.S. conducts successful test of THAAD missile defense system

U.S. conducts successful test of THAAD missile defense system The weapon was sacked by a U.S. Air Force plane over the Pacific Ocean and intercepted by the system located in Alaska, according to an MDA release. The THAAD test - which came just two days after nuclear-armed North Korea successfully conducted its second launch of a powerful new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) - destroyed the air-launched target. [Full Article...]

Israel bans men under 50 from Friday prayers at Al-Aqsa

Israel bans men under 50 from Friday prayers at Al-Aqsa The gate is where two Israeli policemen were killed on July 14, prompting the new security measures. A tense standoff had been underway between Israel and Muslim worshippers at the holy site despite the removal of metal detectors on Tuesday. [Full Article...]

Honolulu bans texting in crosswalks

Honolulu bans texting in crosswalks The same rule applies to video games and even cameras. Opponents of the Honolulu law argue that it infringes on personal freedom. "We hold the unfortunate distinction of being a major city with more pedestrians being hit in crosswalks, particularly our seniors, than nearly any other city in the county", Honolulu's mayor, Kirk Caldwell, told Reuters . [Full Article...]

Blockade states ready for 'conditioned' Qatar dialogue

Blockade states ready for 'conditioned' Qatar dialogue Qatar has also rejected the bloc's demands - which include downgrading ties to Iran and closing both the Al-Jazeera news channel and a Turkish military base in the country - as a violation of its sovereignty. Foreign ministers of the four countries "are expected to impose sanctions that will gradually affect the Qatari economy", Al Hayat newspaper said, citing unidentified Gulf sources, without ... [Full Article...]

Trump Taps John Kelly As New White House Chief Of Staff

Trump Taps John Kelly As New White House Chief Of Staff And Pete Rouse temporarily served as an interim chief of staff after Rahm Emanuel left the Obama White House in 2010 to run for mayor of Chicago. The widely anticipated announcement followed a series of public attacks on Priebus this week from new White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, who boarded Air Force One with Trump and Priebus for a Friday afternoon event in NY. [Full Article...]

Kelly 'honored' to serve as new White House chief of staff

Kelly 'honored' to serve as new White House chief of staff He led the Southern Command, where he oversaw USA military operations in South and Central America, including the southern border, and he formed a tough immigration stance. It's widely speculated that Scaramucci is trying to force Priebus out and claim the chief of staff position for himself. He equates leaks, which have plagued the administration, with treason and knows how to work the halls of C... [Full Article...]

Reince Priebus Out, John Kelly In as Trump's Chief of Staff

Reince Priebus Out, John Kelly In as Trump's Chief of Staff U.S. Representative Michael McCaul, a Texas Republican who chairs the House Homeland Security Committee , is among those being considered for Homeland Security secretary, a DHS official said. Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of SC, a frequent Trump critic, welcomed Kelly as "one of the strongest and most natural leaders I've ever known". And he said that responding to Scaramucci's insults "doesn't ... [Full Article...]

Senate "Skinny Bill" Fails

Senate Here, in their words, is why they did it. Sen. Susan Collins of ME, another of the three Republicans to vote against the GOP plan (Alaska's Lisa Murkowski was the other), said she is pleased that Sen. "We should not make the mistakes of the past that has led to Obamacare's collapse, including in my home state of Arizona where premiums are skyrocketing and healthcare providers are fleeing t... [Full Article...]

United States expresses 'strong disappointment and protest' over Russian Federation retaliation

United States expresses 'strong disappointment and protest' over Russian Federation retaliation An attempt by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to portray recently passed Russian sanctions legislation as a sign Americans want Russia to improve relations with the USA has been derided by Moscow. A federal law enforcement investigation and multiple US congressional probes looking into the possibility that Trump's campaign colluded with Russian Federation, have made it harder for Trump to open ... [Full Article...]

Police officer helps girl search home for monsters

Police officer helps girl search home for monsters According to Fox 31 , she wasn't afraid of monsters until they moved into this home and was anxious they'd come out at night and hurt her and her family. Sidney told KDVR that the hunt for monsters in her house was "like you are doing a real hunt, like a ghost hunt". So Officer Bonday made a special house call where together they searched under tables, behind doors, anywhere monsters would hide... [Full Article...]

Clouds, break for sun this afternoon, brisk & cool; Mostly sunny, pleasant Sunday

Clouds, break for sun this afternoon, brisk & cool; Mostly sunny, pleasant Sunday Highs reach the upper-70s and low 80s for Sunday before warming to the mid-80s for Monday and Tuesday under mostly sunny skies. The next several days dry out with lower humidity values. Sunday|Plentiful sunshine. Highs in the low to mid 80s. Thu: High: 87 Low: 67 Mostly sunny. Wednesday|Partly sunny with a chance for an isolated thunderstorm. [Full Article...]

Police arrests 2 after Teenager is Raped Twice in one Day

Police arrests 2 after Teenager is Raped Twice in one Day Detectives said the teenager was first assaulted in a secluded part of Witton station, near the Aston Villa football ground, between 8pm on Tuesday and 2am the following morning. A second man, aged 35, was also arrested and has been released without charge. Shortly after that attack, the girl walked out of the station at about 2am and flagged down a passing vehicle to ask for help. [Full Article...]

RJD's youth leader Minhaj Khan shot dead in Bihar's Siwan

RJD's youth leader Minhaj Khan shot dead in Bihar's Siwan Khan was a district-level functionary of the RJD's youth wing, and is believed to be close to Shahabuddin, who is now lodged in Tihar Jail. According to the police, Khan, who was the general secretary of the youth wing of the RJD in Siwan , was a popular leader among youths and had almost 5,000 followers on social media. [Full Article...]

North Korean ICBM test provokes strong reactions from USA and neighbors

North Korean ICBM test provokes strong reactions from USA and neighbors Correction: A previous version of this story said North Korea could build a nuclear warhead capable of hitting the continental U.S.by 2018. Trump told a news conference at the time that he was confident Chinese President Xi Jinping would "try very hard" to pressure Beijing's ally and neighbour North Korea over its nuclear and missile programs. [Full Article...]

Seven Turkish Journalists Released From Prison

Seven Turkish Journalists Released From Prison As of March, 173 media outlets which included newspapers, magazines, radio stations, websites and news agencies, many Kurdish, had been shut down by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government. "But I can not say that I am very happy today". The journalists are charged with using their news coverage to support three groups Turkey considers terrorist organizations: the Kurkistan Workers' Party, o... [Full Article...]

MFA condemns North Korea's ballistic missile test

MFA condemns North Korea's ballistic missile test In a standard response to the test, Beijing urged restraint by all sides, after the US and South Korea conducted a live-fire exercise using surface-to-surface missiles. The U.S. and South Korea responded by firing short-range missiles into the Sea of Japan "as a show of force", the U.S. military said in a statement . [Full Article...]

Trump mistreats native son Jeff Sessions, Alabama GOP says

Trump mistreats native son Jeff Sessions, Alabama GOP says Sessions is forging ahead with a tough-on-crime agenda that once endeared him to President Trump, who has since taken to berating him. "You just don't treat people like this", Joe Akin, a 79-year-old engineer and Trump voter in Birmingham, said after turning off his TV in frustration. [Full Article...]

Temperatures to remain around normal today

Temperatures to remain around normal today It will be on the windy side, with winds picking up out of the north at 10-20 miles per hour. Saturday night will be mostly cloudy with an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly in the evening. Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms. DAY: Partly sunny. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Rain chance around 50%. [Full Article...]

White House gets new Chief of Staff

White House gets new Chief of Staff No formal announcement has been made about whether or not Priebus resigned or was sacked from the position, though Trump thanked him for "his service" in a tweet . Although Priebus refrained from commenting on what - or with whom - his next job might be, he did dismiss rumors he'd become the next USA ambassador to Greece. [Full Article...]


« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  Next »